This Mango Chutney Chicken recipe is one I found on the Daring Gourmet website (if you don’t already know her, do visit her site!). I will be adding a bit of Nigerian Flavour to it. 🙂
Sweet and savory is a winner with most people and this recipe definitely ticks every single box! So no much chatter today, let’s get cooking:
You will need
- 8 pieces of chicken drumsticks
- 4 tablespoons mango chutney
- 1 tbs of Suya Spice – (optional)
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees celsius
- Score the chicken and squeeze lemon juice over the chicken and set aside to rest in the fridge. Lemon juice helps to pre-digest the meat aiding the infusion of flavours.
- In a small bowl, all remaining ingredients and stir to thoroughly combine.
- Coat the chicken with the mix and place the drumsticks in an ovenproof dish and bake for 25 minutes.
- Take the chicken out and spread the remaining sauce over the pieces and bake for another 30 minutes or until chicken is well cooked and juices run clear.
- To get a crispier feel, you can place under the grill till skin turns become crisp.
- This chicken is best served and eaten immediately. 🙂
I had mine with some salad (Spinach, Rockets, grated carrots and some pearl barley)